3/16/2014

how I spent my rainy afternoon

The tail end of Cyclone Lusi wandered north to south over New Zealand today. Along with the dairy farmers in Taranaki, we were happy to get the rain for the sad looking grass, but I have to remind you that, when it rains here, it's more like a heavy misting than a rain with huge drops. Normally, rain doesn't stop us from taking drives but the wind kept us inside today. To pass the time, I watched rainbows fall to the horizon as the sun rose in the opposite sky. 


6 comments:

DawnTreader said...

Fantastic rainbow views. I don't think I've ever seen a rainbow stay visible so long that I've been able to see it change shape with the angle of the sun.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

That's amazing. I'd never heard of that happening before. Here our rainbows are very high arches - and simply fade away as the sun moves.

Lise said...

Sounds like a good day to me! The last picture with the fog is my favorite:)

Anonymous said...

You are so blessed! These are gorgeous!

~Lindy

chica said...

Que coisa linda!Adorei ver!! Feliz com tua visita! bjs, chica

Jenn Jilks said...

The rainbows are amazing!!!!