2/03/2014

How to have a google+ profile without google+

I was visiting Karen over at Pixel Posts and found that you can have a google+ profile without having to give up the Blogger dashboard. It links the two profiles together but you don't have to use the google+ pages if you don't want to--which is good because google+ makes me crazy!

The link is over at Blogger Hints and Tips and you can click right here to find it. Yes, I was skeptical at first, too, but it really works. Thanks, Karen!

I have also found that the photo storage on Picasa has changed, too. To go back to the old style of albums after you have arrived at the new page, just type 'picasa web album' into the url space and hit 'enter'. Voile! You are back to the old style.

It would seem that I am having trouble with change in my....wiser age. Actually, I'm not really opposed to change. It just has to be more helpful than the old way for me to appreciate it and these two things don't seem to improve things in my world :)

7 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for this.

You know, the round profile images on Google+ make me nuts. All I know is that I don't think like the Google geniuses.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Good tips! I also prefer the old Blogger profile, even though I also belong to Google +

Roger Owen Green said...

Moreover, for me, I don't share much on Google+, like I do on Facebook.
ROG, ABCW

Linda said...

Interesting. The thing that drives me crazy about Google+ is the way that it gets in the way when you're trying to find another blogger's website.

Joy said...

I echo Linda, I've just spent a frustrating time trying to do just that and failing. So much for web connectivity.

Anita said...

I don't know the perks of Google +. Maybe I should Google it. :)
Seriously, it seems difficult to get to a post; that I have to figure it out each time. Also, those who have changed to it are now tagged with a no-reply comment when visiting my blog, which means I can't reply to their comment.

Thanks for the blogging tips that you occasionally share.

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Thank you so much, Betty!
This post and the links were most interesting and helpful!