8/11/2013

country living

I was awakened in the night by what I thought was the cat spazzing out and running through the house like a tornado, as she is prone to do from time to time. When I got up the next morning, there was a dead rabbit in the kitchen floor. Ick. But, I couldn't help but be impressed at her hunting skills.

While Hubby and I were getting our coffee, he came up with the idea of putting the dead body out to lure our neighborhood hawks close enough to photograph. I was impressed with his thinking. It beats my original thought of luring them by spearing a pork chop on a stick out in the garden.

Anyway, it worked like a charm! Click here to see the shots on my photoblog.

5 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

How did the rabbit get in? Do you have a pet door? In any event - congrats to your cats hunting skills:)

Yvonne said...

Good thinking. Love the photos of the hawk. A rabbit in the house sounds a bit unusual.

Anonymous said...

That hubby of yours is full of great ideas! ;-)

As for the chase scene, I hope you didn't have a lot of mess to clean up. I think our neighborhood feral cat has 'crossed the bridge' as we have a boat load of rabbits in our back yard this year.

~Lindy

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Now whenever I think of you I will think of a pork chop out in the garden. Can't wait to see the hawk photos.

merinz said...

As my friend who lives out 'in the sticks' says - 'thaats country!'