7/07/2013

I hate it when I realized I need my own advice

For those of you who don't know, I have a blog where I use my own photos and put quotes and inspirational sayings and scriptures on them. It's called Incidental Imagery and I mainly use it to practice editing my pictures with Picasa or Photoscape. They're just there if somebody needs to find them as they google on the internet.

I don't get many views or comments on that blog, but that's ok. (Actually, since I changed over to Google+ and more people get to see them, I'm getting a few more than I expected.)

One of the few post over there that have some comments lately is one that smacked me in the face today. It's this one--
'do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not'.

As you may know, I hurt my back while we were moving two weeks ago. It still has a ways to go to be healed but it's certainly better than it was. It hurts the most when I get up from laying down. That shouldn't be too much of a problem, but the meds I got from the doctor require large amounts of water and I have to get up 4 or 5 times a night. Not fun at all.

Needless to say, morning are pretty achy and I don't get around too fast, even with my walking cane that Hubby bought me last year.

This weekend I kinda lost it because we still have unpacked boxes everywhere and the closets are just stuffed with stuff to get them out of the way. All the things that are 'my' job are not done and I'm slower than molasses in January getting around the house and can't lift to boot. I just couldn't get things done.

And then it hit me. Duh. Do what you can when you can do it and it will all eventually come together. There's no reason to believe this is a permanent back problem--I just want it better NOW, but that's not gonna happen, so I just have to wait for God's timing to be healed.

I know there are many of my own bloggy friends who are going through much more than just a pulled back and I pray for them often. But, it's good to know that He cares about me, too, and any prayers would be appreciated.

For the record, we do have the basics together, like the bedroom and pots and pans and plates thanks to Hubby *kissy*. He cooks and does dishes, and he says he doesn't mind, so I just trust that it will be ok soon.

BTW, this is on top of a skin problem that has plagued me for almost a year.

2 comments:

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I am the same way," want it all done now" but have talked to myself and said "you are not a spring chicken anymore and it takes way longer... so be satisfied!"
Sometimes we just have to let go.
Here's sending get well prayers your way, be patient, it will all come together soon.

Yvonne said...

I think we all have to remind ourselves once in a while amid all the trials and tribulations, of all the good we still have in our lives. I hope you get to feeling better soon.