2/08/2012

mystery solved!

A couple of weeks ago, I posted about our little container garden (click here for that post) and how pleased I was with its growth. As I went around the house taking photos to upload, I noticed this pot where we had planted some mystery bulbs.


Since they looked a bit sad, I was wondering if we had carried the bulbs around too long for them to grow properly.

 Or maybe they didn't get quite enough water, since the pot was under the eaves. 

Obviously, we did get a bit of growth, which was encouraging. But the stems (possibly crocuses) never got very big.

Then, yesterday, I went out to get the clothes off the line and saw this:


Yep. Mystery solved.

7 comments:

Donna said...

That's just cute! Being the crazy cat lady that I am, I knew immediately upon examination of the first picture what was happening, but it's always good to have your suspicions confirmed! Those little monsters make beds in the oddest places, but then you look at them and just sigh at the cuteness!

Belle said...

That is just great!

Kel said...

i don't suppose we can blame our cat for our entire garden not growing :-)

merinz said...

A cat plant!

Connie said...

Maybe he's trying to hatch them?

Anonymous said...

That darn cat :)

Amanda said...

Shouldn't laugh, but that is quite amusing!