8/01/2011

A great night out for dinner

Otterboy has been selling his model trains and accessories on trademe (NZ ebay-type place) because he has outgrown them. He got quite a bit of money for them and the first thing he wanted to do is take Hubby and me out to dinner at Marbles Restaurant (the only real buffet-style restaurant around). It was a fun night out for an occasional change of pace.

Thank you Otterboy for being so responsible and charitable!

I forgot to take my camera and can't find photos on the internet, but it's decorated with Roman gladiators with big noses on the walls and as huge statues. There's a HUGE dining area with big round tables placed throughout about a third of the space. Each one has a different cold food, bread, salad, seafood, dessert. There is also a hot bar along one wall  and a guy slicing roast beef and pork along another.

The food is pretty good, but I still have problems with the prices, but maybe I'm just cheap.


They are also advertising for Christmas. Yes, it says $35 for children under 5!


It's good to know that we have raised our son to be such a caring kid. He will do well in life.

4 comments:

Belle said...

That is so sweet of him to treat you to dinner. It sounds like an interesting place, but yes, it is expensive!

Yvonne said...

You do have a sweet son. I would be expecting heaven on earth for my $75, lol.

Sarah said...

Aww that's so nice of him. I don't know too many adults let alone teenagers who do that.

Marja said...

What a gorgeous boy I will send my kids over to learn from him. Happy you had a nice time