10/03/2010

Spring has arrived!

After weeks and weeks of unrelenting rain--the kind that falls 22 out of every 24 hours, with winds at night that sound like they are going to blow the windows out of the frame--we have finally had 3 whole days of sunshine! And more is expected tomorrow. Yay! 

I guess you don't know miss it until you don't have it any more, so we celebrated by going to Hollard Gardens to see what almost twice the 'normal' rainfall for September had brought. What we found was an abundance of color, especially the magnolias, with promises of much more to come.






 Spring is truly here. It was a long wait.

4 comments:

KB said...

It's a beautiful day here too and I'm loving it. Love the flower pics.

chitra said...

I loved all the pictures.

Michelle said...

Oooo those are gorgeous. I could use some magnolia blossoms right about now. We're on the opposite end of the spectrum and so cold and dry right now. I just transplanted some bee balm and am keeping my fingers crossed that they survive.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

oh what a beautiful Spring! Thanks for sharing. I get mixed up sometimes on what season it is here -- because we spend our winters in warmer climates -- and now reading your spring post is mixing up my brain even more -- (I am telling myself, repeat slowly -- New Zealand -- opposite!) . Lovely -- glad it finally arrived for you.