4/04/2010

Apricot Bites

This recipe makes apricot flavored almost-macaroons and my brood loves them. I haven't tested any other combinations yet, but I'm sure you can used other flavors instead of apricot.

Apricot Bites

2 cups shredded coconut
1/2 c chopped, dried apricots
1/2 c chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons custard powder
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Combine all ingredients except milk. Mix well. Stir in  milk until combined.

Roll level teaspoons of mixture into balls. (I just press the spoonful against the side of the bowl). 

Place on baking (waxed)-paper lined tray, 2 cm (about 3/4 inch) apart.

Bake at 180C degrees (350F) for about 15 minutes. Transfer paper to counter for 5 minutes then transfer cookies to platter.



4 comments:

Amy said...

oooh those sound incredibly rich - I might just have to make them *grin*

Connie said...

Dried fruit is hard/expensive here.. but that sounds good. I've actually been tempted to get a dehydrator to make my own dried fruits and jerky.

Lindy said...

These sound yummy! Custard powder is something new to me, however. Will have to do a search for that ingredient.

Brenda said...

These look delicious!

Visiting from BPOTW