3/31/2009

Fall is just around the corner

 ...and we could wake up with the weather turning ugly any day, so  I thought I would post some of the last blooms of the season.

As you may know, we inherited the garden when we rented our house.  It just took a little TLC to bring it to life and we are still stunned by it's beauty.

Cosmos

This cactus dahlia is so big we have to stake individual stems.


Gazenia

This is the result of a yellow daisy and this flower (a daisy hybrid of some sort) being cross pollinated.
We are always making plans for the garden, although we both prefer the 'English garden' look for most of our beds.  I never thought I'd enjoy gardening so much.

7 comments:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I love it, I just love the flowers. I love other people's garden because I am too lazy to grow my own, except a few native bushes and a few veges.

Am measuring how quickly my son Sam's pumpkin has grown.

Connie said...

BEAUTIFUL! I miss having a garden... so much!

Deb said...

your flowers are so pretty! Thank you for coming by to visit!

Daryl said...

What fabulous flowers ... I have such a hard time wrapping my mind around our reverse seasons ... I see you are a transplanted NZ ... now I must read more of your blog posts ... thanks for visiting mine and saying such nice things!

Sandra said...

I love the gazenzia. It has 2 contrasting colors that make it so beautiful! We are just starting Spring in the States. I am so tired of cold weather!

Thanks for your comment about my situation with my son. I'm sure it's all part of God's plan! (I just wish he would pass a few hints my way before he shocks me like that again! :) )

Carla said...

LOVE these colors!
Enjoy:)

Judanna said...

Your plants are great. Did you say it is nearly fall and I am saying it is spring. It is hard to imagine. The shopping is a little frightful. Your country is so beautiful that I guess you can give up a few things. You do sound very happy where you live.