12/31/2007

Reporting here sucks

Sometimes I wonder how journalists in New Zealand get to be journalists. I think they just show up at an interview and, if they can prove they have a decent grasp of the English language, they get the job.

Most of the newspaper articles I have read since I've been here have irritated the crap out of me because they assume you, the reader, know what they are talking about. And on that basis, why are they even bothering to write the article in the first place???

They have never heard of the standard "who, what, when, why, where and how" in the first paragraph, apparently.

The other day, I was reading about 3 local youths who invented something a while back and have now moved onto something else. Apparently, the first 'thing' was pretty cool and successful, but I still don't know what the **** it was!!!

No comments: